Sunday, September 18, 2011

Not now.

I walk alone.
This is all I seem to know.
Countless steps I've taken.
Down this godforsaken road.

I walk alone. The wind is bursting, the rain isn't just falling, but pouring.

I hang my head, just to walk alone.

All,
alone.

Walking, taking each step
like I've never done this before.
On my feet, is a road
and on the road, is me.

Peering, I see people.
All huddled together,
breathing as one.
Faces blank.

My sopping mop covers my eyes,
as their eyes stare at mine.
Diappointment is all they see of me.
But they dont know my side of the story. 

Buildings are broken, windows shattered.
Cars - torched.
Not a thing in sight that is worth a dime.

Why keep going?
Because maybe, just maybe.
She'll call.

The same scene flashes in front of me -
I fall upon one knee,
gaze up in her eyes,
pop the question,
pull out the ring,
and just like a hammer hitting a nail,
I got put in the ground.

I walk alone.
I walk alone.

The world goes dark, as my eyes shut.
I keep walking, it's all I know now.

I walk alone.
I walk alone.

3 comments:

  1. "Not a thing in sight that is worth a dime."

    Not even a dime? That sucks! Dimes have worth. All money does! As Horton the Elephant would say "a persons a person no matter how small". So dime is still a dime. No matter how worthless!

    But i like the Cars-torched part. It has a strong imagery for me. Nice Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice spacing. I also like the line 'Cars-torched'. I also like 'On my feet, is the road and on the road, is me.' Loved it!

    ReplyDelete