Friday, September 9, 2011

I'm Thinking About You.

As I stare at this blank piece of paper before me,
the only thing I really want to see -
Is the sight of you in my eye,
because my mind just won't justify.

I'm thinking about you.
I'm thinking about you like crazy,
like Jamaican ladies think about braiding,
or skaters think about skating,
like the sun thinks of the sky,
or every penguins desire to fly.

I'm thinking about you like hammers think of nails,
or skates think of rails.
I'm thinking of you like birds think of worms
or a lawer about his firm.
I'm thinking of you like the desert thinks of rain,
or the insane think about being sane.

I'm thinking about you like a square wishes it could be a circle.

I'm thining of you like pens think about paper,
and people think about paper.
And I don't want to stop writing this paper,
because I'm thinking of you.

I'm thinking of you like rock thinks of roll,
like Mary Kate thinks of Ashley.
I'm thinking of you like kids think of summer,
or cops think of robbers.

I'm thinking of you like summer thinks of winter,
or boats think of hoes.
I'm thinking of you like shampoo thinks of conditioner,
or ears think of... being a good listener.

I'm thinking about you like you wouldn't believe,
now my question is...

Are you thinking of me?

7 comments:

  1. I like this a lot. There are parts that are super sweet, and I wish I had thought of them. I like how you ended it the most I think. Awesome.
    ~Pond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of words, but there was one thing that didn't flow.
    "I'm thinking of you like pens think about paper,
    and people think about paper.
    And I don't want to stop writing this paper,
    because I'm thinking of you."

    I don't like that you put paper in it 3 times in a row. You could edit "and people think about paper", and it will flow better. Other than that, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. The story is great! and "I" also like how you put paper "3 times in a row." its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the more creative i have read. Congratulations. Im thinking about this poem like people think about paper, i believe

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, Van, SHUT UP!
    ralph, use paper five times in a row. don't listen to this van guy. don't listen. just don't do it.

    ReplyDelete