Sunday, September 25, 2011

Life, and Death.

The other day, I heard an interesting concept.

We die.

One day, we're all gonna die. So, why is everyone so timid?
One day, we're all gonna die.
So, starting today what am I going to do?

Live.

Life is a beautiful thing. There's so much to do, so many things to see, so many people to meet.
And yet, most of the world is stuck in their little cubicle staring at a computer screen playing solitare.
Then one day, they're going to have a super bad day. It'll be snowing.. no raining outside and on the commute home they're going to get an a car accident, and then...
they're dead. Gone forever.

So, who knows? Death could be at my own doorstep. I never realized this, but I could die on my way home from school. A simple 2.2 miles, I've driven over 1,000 times.

I don't want to die today. I didn't even get to hug my mom goodnight, it was a simple 'Goodnight mom, love you' from 20 feet away then I crawled back to the basement. I never want to miss another night, I love you, mom.

If I did die tomorrow, I know that I'ld die happy. I would like to think that people would miss me, but who knows? I never want to miss another opportunity again. An opportunity to help, to love, to simply say hi. Life seems to fly by way too fast, and can be taken away all too easy.
So, "pray about everything, worry about nothing".
You'll be good, just live without regret.
Learn from the past, and don't hold onto it, too tightly.

3 comments:

  1. "life is a beautiful thing" You nailed that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the imagery in your post and it makes a lot of sense too. I loved how relatable the post is. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete