Sunday, December 4, 2011

Good Ghandi, I'm writing again.

I want something. The only problem is, is that I keep forgetting what I want. The world keeps evolving too fast for my mind to analyze, and then react. So I sit here emotionless, quietly trying to figure out what is happening to all of us.
One day, I will be somebody. The morbid truth behind that is I keep forgetting that day is going to be the day I die. I'll be in the morning news' obituary. I can see it now. It won't be a big article, just a few lines stating my name and showing the world that I am a somebody. Was a somebody.
But now I'm six feet under, with one question on my mind.

"When will we own ourselves completely?"

And from the moment my blood stopped pulsing through my veins, I started pondering if it was the moment I 'became a man', or maybe when I committed my first sin, or when my emotions died.

I want to know when I will own myself completely. I just keep forgetting it can't be in this life. It just can't be, and that is something I do know. No matter how old you are, single or not, you are owned by something, or someone.
Looking at people from my perspective, everyone is trapped in a dark tunnel, and they don't know how to get out. Since nobody in this world knows how to do anything for themselves, they turn to whatever resources are necessary to escape the darkness. Some believe in turning to a God to help, and people will scratch, claw, push, and do whatever is necessary to be free.
Everyone keeps forgetting they're owned. Teenagers are owned by their parents, couples are owned by their spouse, and single people are owned by things such as fast food, Call of Duty, and work.
So the question arises again, when will I own myself completely? My answer is never.
I have heard that drugs will free your mind, and make you free. What confuses me is that I can't understand what are they free from. You are completely owned by the drugs the second it touches your lips, nose, or bloodstream. It's called addiction.
I keep forgetting that one day, we're all going to die. The world will be nothing more than an unmoving, lifeless planet. But tonight, I'm not going to die. I'm too strong to stop. There's still so much I haven't done yet, and I will do. "Make love to 'Let's Get It On' by Marvin Gaye" is on that list and I will do that before I walk into the light. When people almost die, they say they see a light. A light at the end of a tunnel.
Is death the only form of freedom?
For as much as we living beings know, yes.
Tonight, I don't want to see that light.
But tonight is not the last time I'll see the light.

People live to be 100 years old, and they can tell stories upon stories.
I'm 17 years old without a story to tell.

Tonight is not the last time I will see the light.

I still have a story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment